Recommendation Needed for Newbie - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM   #31
New Boot

Re: Recommendation Needed for Newbie

thanks for the replies. I'll try some of these out and see how they perform.
Ron Kator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Re: Recommendation Needed for Newbie

Ron-
Feel free to ask more questions as you dive in!

Jay -
Your example is a good one, I could see "evidence" prints being just fine, even blown up. Then again, bank security cam video is "OK"... it's all a matter of needs/budget/expectations! I've pulled "stills" off of SD video and blown them up, so I know such heresy is possible... and surprisingly sometimes the content of the shot made it a "great" pic! Goes back to the concept of the camera you have with you so you GET the shot is the one that's most important, even if the quality is less than you might like! And also speaks to knowing how to be in the "right spot" to catch the angle and framing...

One of the things that I'm blown away by in the stills from the A65's 24MPixel sensor is that you can really crop the images down a long way before you start to lose image quality, even with .jpg files... the level of image detail still leaves me a bit stunned. Of course it sets a new level of expectation...

This thread of course started with a piece of technology failing to meet expectations... it's funny, because if you went back 10 years or so, the image in question might well have been "amazing", but our expectations have risen! Next stop 2K/4K...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion