HELP!! Corrupt MOV file won't play. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HELP!! Corrupt MOV file won't play.

So I deleted all the files off of a CF card that had a bunch of clips I had shot with my 5D MKIII. I thought they were all trash but suddenly realized that that there was 1 clip that I really needed. I was able to recover the clip using Card Recovery. However, now it won't play. Any recommendations on any MOV repair software or even online services?

I have tried changing the extension to mp4 and tried opening it in VLC, Quicktime, WMP.

Edit: Ok so I was on a roll with reckless deleting this past week and had another card that I accidentally formatted when checking how much space I had left. (by the way is there another way to check the space on a card besides going to the format option on a 5D MKIII?) So I just got done running it through Card Recovery, and it worked great on all my Photos. However, once again none of my videos will play. Perhaps it has something to do with the IPB codec in the MKIII? Something is getting lost in the translation? Would love to get these videos back. It shouldn't be too difficult of a recovery. I haven't written anything to either of the cards I mentioned after they were deleted/formatted. I know better than that. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Brad Ballew; September 24th, 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Brad Ballew is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion