DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Places to buy equipment other than B&H/Adorama? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/510929-places-buy-equipment-other-than-b-h-adorama.html)

Paul Hildebrandt September 24th, 2012 03:51 PM

Places to buy equipment other than B&H/Adorama?

I'm a little irradiated at not being able to purchase from b&h and adorama during certain times of the year. Amazon is also out of the question due to recent sales tax law here in California. Is there anywhere outside of California that is a good reputable business for purchasing Cameras & Accessories?

Thanks,

Jon Fairhurst September 24th, 2012 04:11 PM

Re: Places to buy equipment other than B&H/Adorama?

Sponsors at DVInfo.net

Mark Williams September 24th, 2012 04:21 PM

Videoguys is a sponsor. I get most of my software from them.

Helen Oster September 25th, 2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Hildebrandt (Post 1755001)
I'm a little irradiated at not being able to purchase from b&h and adorama during certain times of the year....

Please accept my apologies for your frustration - and see below for our store closure periods during the upcoming holidays (Telephone Sales & CS are, however, available 3, 4, 5 and 7 October)

**ADORAMA STORE HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT**

Yom Kippur Holiday we will close on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 1:00pm and will reopen on Thursday September 27, at 9:00 am
Sukkoth Holiday we will close on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:00pm and will reopen on Wednesday October 10, at 9:00 am

Please read below for our shipping schedule during this time. All shipping relates to orders that have payment fully authorized and have cleared Verification.

Orders submitted before the Yom Kippur holiday closing time (Tuesday September 25, at 1:00PM) will be processed and shipped on that same day.

Orders submitted to us during the Yom Kippur Holiday, (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 1:00pm and ends September 26, in the evening) will ship Thursday, September 27

Orders submitted during the weekend preceding the Sukkoth Holiday (Friday September 28 from 1:00pm thru Sunday September 30, 12:30pm) will ship before the holiday.

Orders submitted to us during the Sukkoth Holiday (Sunday, September 30, at 12:30pm thru October 7, at 12:00pm) will be at your doorstep, delivered by October 12th. Where necessary, we'll upgrade the shipping method at our expense*

Orders Submitted October 7 after 12:00pm Thru October 9th when the Holiday ends will ship Wednesday October 10th.

* This assurance is only for orders placed on Adorama.com website and is not applicable for orders with Super Saver Shipping option selected. It also excludes orders using PayPal, Bill Me Later and Google payment methods. These orders will ship October 10 with no free upgrade assurance.
Please consider to upgrade the shipping option and to use other payment methods to assure quicker delivery time.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and thank you for your business.

Lee Mullen September 25th, 2012 05:21 AM

What about Australia or Indonesia?

Paul Hildebrandt September 25th, 2012 10:18 AM

Thanks Helen, looks like Adorama might be a better option since you are willing to expedite shipping.
I'm simply tired of going to B&H's website and having a giant banner come up that says "CLOSED" for various holidays & sundays. One such holiday happens to be going on right now.

David W. Jones September 26th, 2012 12:39 PM

I guess I'm just the opposite, as I appreciate a business where making a buck isn't their top priority.

Stelios Christofides September 26th, 2012 01:56 PM

but I thought that even when these shops are closed you can still place an order.

stelios

Pete Bauer September 26th, 2012 05:57 PM

The B&H online ordering closure periods are usually shorter than for the storefront, but in any case all are posted in advance.

We have a list of handpicked sponsors (see link at top of page). Some of the commentary in this thread (in some cases already deleted) about religious principles is a bit superfluous to DV Info Net, so at least for now I'm going to close the thread.