Repair H264 MOV files (Corrupted/Damaged)? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Repair H264 MOV files (Corrupted/Damaged)?

H guys,

I have several H264 MOV filesto edit and 2 of them seem to be corrupt, nothing will play these 2 and it won't open in Premiere. Is there anyway to repair them? On a PC?

Thanks
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Repair H264 MOV files (Corrupted/Damaged)?

If these were made in a Mac, it very well may be that the Mac codec doesn't exist on your computer. GSpot or MediaInfo (both freeware) will tell you what it is. HDV files edited in macs may require a third party codec (such as provided by calibratedq.com (Calibrated{Q} XD Decode Overview) They provide a free download for trial, but it leaves a watermark on the image. At least you can see if that is the problem without cost...
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Repair H264 MOV files (Corrupted/Damaged)?

They were transferred with a really old and slow Windows Laptop, GSpot wont give me same info as the other H264 files do.

The original copies are still on the laptop, so if needs be I can send down a 16b USB stick in the post and have them transferred over again, but would have preferred not to.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion