DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   creative video experiences (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/512760-creative-video-experiences.html)

Noa Put December 16th, 2012 03:50 AM

creative video experiences

Anyone any experience with creative video in the UK (cvp)? Are they a reseller that can be trusted? Just asking because I see they are selling the BMC camera at almost 400 euro cheaper then in Belgium, since we don't have to pay any tax or any customduties for UK orders (tax is deducted at purchase) the camera would be still a bit over 300 euro cheaper delivered to my door then to when I would buy it here.

Colin Rowe December 16th, 2012 05:26 AM

Re: creative video experiences

Noa.
They are a well known, well respected company

Richard Gooderick December 16th, 2012 06:02 AM

Agreed.
I placed a pre-order with them and cancelled it. Their communication was excellent and they refunded my deposit without a murmur. It made me feel quite guilty about cancelling actually!
A colleague has received excellent after-sales service from them when he had a manufacturing problem with a new product.
I would feel confident buying from CVP.

Andy Wilkinson December 16th, 2012 10:16 AM

Re: Creative Video Products (CVP) - A Good Customer Experience

As Richard knows (!) I recently had an issue with one of my cams bought from CVP and they could not have been more helpful in getting me a replacement/very speedy resolution. Absolutely truly superb service.

Also (at least for UK customers, and subject to the detail in their terms and conditions... which I have n't ever needed to read) they have a price match policy. However, I can confirm that they will honour that policy without quibbling. That saved me quite a few hundred pounds on that very same cam purchase (before I took delivery of the original cam). I appreciate that policy might not be applicable to you Noa (please check!), but as you've already observed, they are usually keenly priced.

If Chris H ever wants a EU based sponsor for DVinfo I think he would struggle to find a better, more reputable, service orientated camera gear company than Creative Video Products this side of the pond.

Gary Nattrass December 16th, 2012 11:03 AM

I have bought several cameras from them and most recently a petrol sound bag and the are excellent and a major pro kit dealer here in the UK, jigsaw 24 & Preston' s are also worth checking out.

Paul R Johnson December 16th, 2012 11:28 AM

Concur 100% - always reliable and easy to talk to.

Noa Put December 16th, 2012 02:04 PM

Thx guys, much appreciated. Makes me feel much more confident now if I plan to buy.