DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Happy Anniversary to Me (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/513237-happy-anniversary-me.html)

Don Bloom January 6th, 2013 02:30 PM

Happy Anniversary to Me

Wow, I just realized that I have been registered and somewhat active on DVi for 10 years now. Holy moly, where did the time go.
Thanks again to Chris Hurd for giving me a place to go even though I have to make my own coffee ;-)
I'm looking forward to a whole bunch more years here although I might not be as active after this year sine retirement is in my cards but then again who can tell the future.
To all of you thanks for some lively discussions and some great information and in general a good time.
I hope I've been able to give at least as much as I've gotten.

D.J. Ammons January 6th, 2013 03:09 PM

Re: Happy Anniversary to Me

Congrats on the 10th year anniversary! When you joined what was the hot equipment being talked about?

Don Bloom January 6th, 2013 03:30 PM

Hmmm I have to think a bit. Let's see, the PD150, Canon XL1, GL1, Sony VX2000 then soon after came the PD170, VX2100, GL2 and XL2. DVD production was gearing up, Sony Vegas 3 IIRC. Honestly, I can't remember all the hot topics. Those were the days!
O|O
\--/

Art Varga January 6th, 2013 08:44 PM

Congrats Don and thanks for your contributions. I've only been around for a few years but have learned a lot from your posts. Enjoy your retirement!

Art

Bill Ward January 7th, 2013 08:30 AM

Yeah, 10 years ago we were still wallowing the in one format luxury that was Betacam.

Jim Snow January 7th, 2013 05:13 PM

Congrats Don! I think you need to make an acceptance speech video of yourself and post it for us all to see. :-)

Chris Hurd January 7th, 2013 06:06 PM

Holy cow. Now that's what I call perseverance -- thanks for hanging in there, Don!

Shaun Roemich January 7th, 2013 06:48 PM

Made ME look too... apparently I was ten years back in September... how time flies...

Congrats, Don! And thanks, Chris.

Shaun Roemich January 7th, 2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward (Post 1771617)
Yeah, 10 years ago we were still wallowing the in one format luxury that was Betacam.

Oh come on now, Bill...

There was Betacam, BetacamSP, BetacamSX, DigiBeta...

;)

Don Bloom January 7th, 2013 06:57 PM

Shaun, we must be greybeards and it's not 50 shades either. ;-) Congrats to you as well. I know of marriages that haven't lasted this long.

Bill, I'm trying to forget all about those days. Man those things weighted as much as I did back then.

Chris, if this weren't a great place to hang, I wouldn't of stayed but you've made DVi a fun, exciting, friendly knowledge base and where else can you go to make friends not only around the country but from around the world. So a big THANK YOU for having the vision and guts to put yourself out there and make DVi what it has become today!

BTW there will be NO videos or books forthcoming!
O|O
\--/

Shaun Roemich January 7th, 2013 08:19 PM

Don: there is more grey in the beard this year than there was this time last, that's for sure... and WAY more than 10 years ago! Although I won't blame Chris for that...

Mark Ahrens January 7th, 2013 09:13 PM

Somewhat active? How do you get any work done with that many posts?
Congrats and i wish you a secure, long and satisfying upcoming retirement.

Chris Hurd January 7th, 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ahrens (Post 1771780)
How do you get any work done with that many posts?

Mark -- do the math -- Don and Shaun are each just barely at one or two posts per day on average! Heh.

Don Bloom January 7th, 2013 10:20 PM

Mark, I do my best edit work really early AM so I have a lot of daylight in the afternoon to play and there have been GASP....DAYS I haven't posted. ;-)

Shaun, yes a lot more grey in both the beard and hair although for me, I have a lot less hair now than 10 years ago. :-(

HEY, I'm not retiring yet! 2014 and then not 100% but I WILL NOT be doing any "social events" for sure. I'm starting to get more and more web-a-mericals, promos and training type video work again. Thank goodness. I don't mind doing that stuff and in fact really enjoy it, plus I'm getting more trade show stuff with MoS and talking heads interviews so while others are setting up the "studio upstairs" I'll be running around the trade show floor with talent to do the fun stuff. I didn't mind setting up the studio but the strike is a killer for me. Oh well, part of the job.
anyway, I just fiesty enough to hang around for another 10 years!
O|O
\--/

Shaun Roemich January 8th, 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1771782)
Mark -- do the math -- Don and Shaun are each just barely at one or two posts per day on average! Heh.

Is that a CHALLENGE, Chris???

It's usually best if I hold my tongue... you ought to know that by now...