M-DISC - anyone know anything more about it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 18th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Inner Circle

M-DISC - anyone know anything more about it?

I wasn't looking for it... it came to me. I had no idea it existed.

I just purchased and LG Bluray burner and it has this M-DISC logo on the front. Google is my best friend, so I looked up the company behind it. They claim it's the 1000 year storage solution - a special DVD, writable with M-DISC compatible burners, readable with any computer DVD drive.

Data only though... not a video DVD.

"Unlike computer hard-drives and optical discs (CDs and DVDs), M-DISC™ preserves and protects your files by engraving your information into a patented rock-like layer, resistant to light, temperature, humidity, and more. In fact, The U.S. Department of Defense put this to the test, and M-DISC™ was the only solution that passed. The M-DISC™ cannot be overwritten, erased, or corrupted by natural processes. Best of all, it’s compatible with any DVD player, which means you can access your data anywhere and anytime" - this is what they claim on their website.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion