Some old cam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 20th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #1
Trustee

Some old cam

This might be a strange question, but somehow I just happened upon an old Canon VC-30 hi-band saticon camera. I think the box it was in probably wasn't even opened in over a dozen years and the cam probably wasn't used much even before that. Canon released it in 1984 and this is a pretty strange little piece of machinery, although it would seem it was pretty advanced for its time. Apparently it was supposed to be hauled around with a large box-y VCR (which I'm pretty sure is around here somewhere) into which the signal would go - much more than that I can't say because I never used one of these.

I tried to do a search on the internet about the cam and although I turned up pretty much nothing on the cam, I found thousands of dealers that apparently still sell batteries for it - so shock of shocks, wonder if it is fact a usable camera and if folks still use it today.

Does anyone know anything about this piece of hardware - should I even try to ebay it? or is it just mulch?
-Jon
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Canon has it on there site
http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...984_vc-30.html
a google shows over 400 sites.Can't hurt to ebay it.Take some shots of it before you do you may be able to use them one day
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hey Jon,

Because you make movies you might consider hanging on to that old relic. Check this out:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=34484

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion