A Small Tale of Woe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 30th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #1
Major Player

A Small Tale of Woe

I kicked myself today, after breaking off the end of the 2.5mm jack plug from my LANC controller in the camera socket! It was a proper "Oh bugger" moment. Thankfully the broken off end of the plug fell out when I tipped the camera on its end, but it's Easter weekend and the shops are closed now until Tuesday.

We have a great event on this weekend called Classic Fighters, which features a bunch of WW1 replica aircraft shooting each other out of the sky, and I need a 10 second clip for a project I'm working on, and I am _so_ used to using the LANC controller.

Omaka Classic Fighters Airshow

Bummer! Oh well. I had feared that I wouldn't be able to get the broken plug out of the camera socket, and having to be without the camera for weeks, so not the worst outcome. When the shops open I'll be getting two cables so as to have a spare, which will at least give me a chance to have a long cable for remote operation. I'll also be a lot more careful when rigging the camera.
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: A Small Tale of Woe

Trevor - the Airshow sounds really interesting but their web site didn't have any video links!!!

You need to get a ride in the co-pilot seat and get some good on-board videos for us.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: A Small Tale of Woe

It was not a particularly satisfactory show from my point of view, because I found difficult to track the aircraft because they were moving quickly relative to my shooting position. Then it started raining before the slower WW1 aircraft went up, so missed them. I've now managed to do the affect I was after using an animated still, so I'm happy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion