DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   The $4 part that every videographer needs. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/515595-4-part-every-videographer-needs.html)

Nate Haustein April 4th, 2013 03:48 PM

The $4 part that every videographer needs.

1 Attachment(s)
By now, we all realize that disposable batteries are a necessary evil for our craft. You always have a million at home and none with you when you need them. Even worse are the dozens we "save for later" after using them for a couple hours in the wireless kit. For some reason, I always have a bunch of new/used/dead batteries that end up in the bottom of my camera bag, and it drives me a little nuts.

The other day I searched around for something that I thought MUST exist, and found this wonderful little part! They're called PowerPax and there are a bunch of different models to choose from. Perhaps I'm a bit odd, but this little plastic caddy makes me quite happy and I had to share!

Battery Case | Battery Cases | Battery Holders | Battery Holder - PowerPax

Shaun Roemich April 4th, 2013 03:59 PM

Re: The $4 part that every videographer needs.

I use a little pop open battery holder kind of like a Plano fishing tackle box I got from a dollar store. It too makes me happy!

A place for everything and everything in its place.

OCD, how I love thee!

Allan Black April 4th, 2013 04:00 PM

Great!, nothing worse than installing a dead battery when you're in a spot .. more power to you Nate.

Cheers.

Nate Haustein April 4th, 2013 04:06 PM

I figure if I did want to "save" any for the TV remote and such, I could put them in the holder backwards to tell the difference.

It's the little things :)

Mark Watson April 4th, 2013 06:03 PM

Nate,

Good find, I could use a few of them holders. I use rechargeable Energizer batteries mostly, but have recently thought of going to a higher capacity type, like the Tenergy 2600mAh. Tried to order some but nobody will ship overseas and I haven't found them locally. Properly packaged, I don't see the threat. Not like I'm ordering hand grenades.

Rob Cantwell April 4th, 2013 07:55 PM

this is what I use - have loads of them!! they come in their own box too

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/758661-REG/Sanyo_SEC_HR3U4BPN_Eneloop_AA_Rechargeable_Ni_MH.html
:-)

R

Chris Hurd April 4th, 2013 10:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a couple of these, one for AA and one for AAA. I've been meaning to post about them but have been way too busy with NAB prep. Thanks a bunch Nate for doing it for me! Heh.

Simon Denny April 5th, 2013 01:07 AM

Finally a product that doesn't cost $500 or more. I gonna splash out and get two. Great find Nate

Mike Beckett April 5th, 2013 03:08 AM

Well it's more like $12 in the UK... quelle surprise!

Still got one, it's better than elastic bands holding batteries together in my backpack. Thanks to Nate for the tip.

Trevor Dennis April 5th, 2013 04:54 PM

It's amazing how the years go by, and you suddenly find that what was once multiple sets of AA rechargeables has whittled itself down to only three sets that still work! I recently started from scratch with Enelope AAs, and was most impressed with the claimed 1000 charges life cycle.

I like to keep my sets together, so label them with a fine marker pen. Just seems like a good idea to make sure that a set of four will be of the same age and number of charge cycles. I also use those little four battery containers, but I have no idea where I found them. Actually, just remembered. They were in the bag of freebees at a photographic convention I attended.

Nate Haustein April 5th, 2013 05:54 PM

I should say that I got them on eBay for a bit cheaper than manufacturer list. The orange is cheaper than the cool glow in the dark ones though!