DVCPRO50 to analog converter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 22nd, 2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVCPRO50 to analog converter?

Is there anyway to preview DV50 (DVCPRO50 to be exact) on a Sony PVM-20N5U monitor through s-video? I don't want to convert the DV50 signal to DV25 as I would like to maintain as much color integrity as humanly possible for previewing (after all, it is s-video).

I went through Canopus and Dazzle's product offerings but nothing is mentioned about the DV50 format. Is there a relatively inexpensive firewire DV50 to analog converter box out there (I currently use Dazzle's Hollywood DV Bridge, but that's DV25 only)?

Since cost is paramount, buying hardware like something from Avid, Digital Voodoo, AJA, Matrox, etc. isn't an option. Buying or renting a DVCPRO50 isn't an option either. I'm looking for a really inexpensive solution for previewing DVCPRO50 in realtime on an external production monitor via s-video.
Xander Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Never mind. Just found out on a different website that Panasonic's DVCPRO50 is proprietary to them and they only work with companies that can help promote DVCPRO50... so much for DV50/D-9 being a standard.
Xander Christ is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion