What kind of a world do we live in? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 14th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #16
Wrangler

Re: What kind of a world do we live in?

Sadly, there has developed a mindset in the internet age that creative work "should" be free, since much of it can be stolen one way or another. The Entitled generation is all but indignant that anyone should make a appropriate profit off their hard work. When "free" is expected, the notion of thanking someone for offering same is not part of that mindset. It's a real shame.
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #17
Major Player

This is not an ideal world.

People don't value the work when it is given away for free. You can charge and then can donate it for charity. You can also connect with some schools, if possible, and give the kids the rights to download your clips and use them for school work.

Also, since you have shot a great deal around your beautiful place, may be connect with someone to edit all of those into a tight knit film with a message and distribute it for free. That will help perhaps in saving the area.

Get well soon!

Sabyasachi
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #18
Major Player

I've learned over the years that anything I give away for free is rarely appreciated. If I offer the exact same service and charge one person but not the other, the one I charge is usually the most appreciative. Go figure.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion