Looking for high quality compact still camera with video. Vex-6? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #1
New Boot

Looking for high quality compact still camera with video. Vex-6?

So I'm looking to purchase a higher quality but compact camera to take around with me. My requirements are that it has a fairly large sensor as I'll be trying to get the shallow DOF look as well as doing a lot of low light shooting. I also want it to take great video. After looking around the VEX-6 looks to be the almost perfect solution for me.

The deal breaker is that it has no on board camera audio. I know that any audio captured on a camera this size will be pretty bad. However I mainly plan on using this camera for fun while trying to get the best quality I can out of it.

The VEX-7 seems to have a line in for an external mic but that seems to defeat the purpose of buying a small camera. Also it seems to be that the VEX-6 is a newer camera yet at a lower price point.

Are there any other options in this price point and body size? I almost thought about grabbing a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema but I really want to take stills. It also seems to have a smaller sensor and I've read the battery life is pretty rough.

Thoughts?
Mike Fisher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion