Sony BVS-3100 Tally at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony BVS-3100 Tally

Hello all,

I have a Sony BVS-3100 composite switcher set up in my church. I also have a Sony DSR-370 camera hooked to a Sony CCU-D50 Camera Control Unit (through 26-pin multicore cable). I am needing help with how to get tally from the switcher to the CCU.

The switcher has a large (25-pin in think) connector on the back that is labeled tally, and the CCU has the same. It is labeled Tally/Intercom. I currently only have one CCU-D50 connected to the switcher (via composite) But in the future i will be putting more cameras and CCU-D50's and CCU-M5A's into the switcher.

I know the CCU-D50 and the M5A has a different tally connector on the back. How would these both be hooked up? What is the difference, and which CCU is better/easier to use with tally?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Zach Legleiter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion