DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Where do you get your music? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/519451-where-do-you-get-your-music.html)

Sue Johnson October 12th, 2013 02:06 PM

Where do you get your music?

I just wondered where people go to get music for their videos.

I used some creative commons licensed music for a non commercial video and have a copyright challenge. I cant see that the challenger has the right to the music either but I have disputed it for the moment. As far as I can see I have complied with the share alike license.

So I wondered where people go for non commercial video music.
Also - if you do have commercial videos where do you get your music? And how much would you expect to pay?
Sue

Mark Williams October 12th, 2013 05:19 PM

Re: Where do you get your music?

jamendo.com and incompetech | Custom Production Music and also Graph Paper

Jody Arnott October 13th, 2013 03:10 AM

I primarily use Beat Suite and Audio Micro.

Audio micro is cheap ($30 US per track) and has a pretty good selection. Beat Suite is more expensive ($85 US per track) but they have a great selection and the tracks are typically of a higher quality in my opinion.

For more "cinematic" music, The Music Bed is good but not cheap.

As above, Jamendo is good for Creative Commons music, but I find it difficult to find decent tracks with a commercial use license.

Sue Johnson October 13th, 2013 04:14 AM

Thanks for the information - that is great. The previous sites I had found took ages to find anything good and these are a huge improvement. Sue

Sabyasachi Patra October 13th, 2013 04:57 AM

I get music scored for myself. Surprisingly I got a youtube notice saying that they are unable to verify whether I have rights to the music I used and hence the monetisation of the video is blocked.
I realised that youtube has now introduced free music and has allowed people to use it. So it is forcing people to use the music by asking questions to people who may have used music without proper rights. I have tied up with a music director who scores all music for me and I plan to use him for all my commercial ventures.

James Manford October 13th, 2013 03:46 PM

Sabyasachi, that is beautiful cinematography! enjoyed watching that.

Jeff Anselmo October 13th, 2013 07:43 PM

Hi Sue,

We bought royalty free music from Stock20.com a few years ago. We purchased their entire music library collection here: Stock20.com

Best,

Julian Frost October 27th, 2013 03:31 PM

Stock20... Interesting site. I've purchased music elsewhere, and Stock20 has the same music, though more variations than I got from DigitalJuice.com. $199 for everything Stock20 has ever produced, seems like a good deal.

Julian Frost October 27th, 2013 03:50 PM

Stock20... Interesting site. I've purchased music elsewhere, and Stock20 has the same music, though more variations than I got from DigitalJuice.com. $199 for everything Stock20 has ever produced, seems like a good deal.

Mike Watson October 27th, 2013 11:38 PM

I buy tracks one-off from Pond5.

I bought a bunch (25?) of albums from SmartSound after seeing them at NAB a few years ago.

Sabyasachi Patra October 28th, 2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1816806)
Sabyasachi, that is beautiful cinematography! enjoyed watching that.

Thanks James. I am happy that you liked it.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi