DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Television Studio Camera - video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/519809-television-studio-camera-video.html)

Derran Rootring November 5th, 2013 06:44 PM

Television Studio Camera - video

A few months ago I added this studio camera to my collection. I got it from a German TV studio where it has been used until they switched to HD. I didn't expect it to work, but as it turns out it does! I was also able to capture some footage straight from the camera, by using another camera as an analog to digital converter.

Anyways, I don't know if there are any other camera collectors here on the forum, but here's a video of the camera working:

More info here: DerranNL: Television Studio Camera - Update

Ervin Farkas November 5th, 2013 09:13 PM

Re: Television Studio Camera - video

Love it! I wish I could collect something like that...

Sander Vreuls November 6th, 2013 07:27 AM

Ah, the LDK-10 :) Pretty good camera for it's day!

They're from the mid 90s so not all that old.. I know of a fair amount of them still in storage.. And I think one of the broadcast facility companies here in The Netherlands still has the followup model, the LDK-20..

This was the last analog LDK camera (along with the portable variant the LDK-10P). For the 20P and 100 models they introduced digital processing.

This was also the last studio version they built, after this they switched to making just handheld versions which can be mounted on a large lens adapter..

I don't have the space to collect the big cameras, but atm I do have an LDK-14, LDK-93 , LDK-9P and a LDK-100..

//EDIT: It appears you have a version with ARD triax, does the CCU have the same plug? These cables were mostly used in Germany.. In The Netherlands and the UK Lemo plugs were used and in Germany and Belgium it's mostly Fisher..

Derran Rootring November 6th, 2013 07:50 AM

Hey Sander, happen to know which broadcast facility company still has the LDK-20? Because I'm still looking for a data cable (I believe it's the LDK 8113) to connect the camera to the OCP. Hopefully all this fantastic equipment that is still in storage somewhere, won't be thrown away at the dumpster. The idea alone is giving me nightmares!

I've had a LDK-6 with Vinten Fulmar pedestal, but had to sell it when moving house. The pedestal just couldn't make it up the stairs. Or actually I couldn't. ;) I like the current tripod support for it's portability, but the MK-7 is in poor condition. It doesn't hold balance (wrong came plate for the camera I guess) and the tilt brake is broken. I found another Vinten head last week, so hopefully it will work better with the camera. But probably won't have the right cam plate either.

You have quite an interesting collection! The LDK-100 is a camera I would also like to own one day. Another one would be the LDK-10P. Just so that I'm able to reunite the family. :)

Sander Vreuls November 7th, 2013 07:49 AM

United still has LDK-20's and 200/300 I think. Dutchview still has LDK-200/300.
The data cable (the 4 pin one) is still used by both, since it's not an exclusive LDK-10 item. You can hook up an LDK-9 up to an LDK-500 to the SD basestation (I presume you have the LDK4053). Some older studios of Dutchview still have the old 9000 series basestations and OCP's, though all OBV's have been converted to the newer OCP400 style :)

The LDK-100 I have is the boring 4:3 version with DVCpro adapter sadly.. LDK-10P's should be available quite easily.. I've seen a fair few for sale on German Ebay.

Paul R Johnson November 7th, 2013 10:43 AM

Good glass, a good camera, and proper support! I think you should be pleased with yourself - I love old, high quality studio kit. Even in SD 4:3, I bet the images it produces is still better than much of the consumer stuff!