holymanta nd filter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Inner Circle

holymanta nd filter

Not exactly sure where to place this but has anyone used these holymanta nd filters? They are not exactly cheap but just the fact that you don't need to buy different sets of adapterrings depending on the lens diameter, take filters on and off seems like a big advantage, I see you can just switch the nd off with a switch, like on a proper videocamera, I only wonder what quality glass the filter is as cheap nd filter have a negative impact on image quality so would be great if someone could share their experience?

Holymanta Adapters | Holymanta
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: holymanta nd filter

I'd love to get one of these for my NEX-EA50. Would be nice to hear from someone who has used them though
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: holymanta nd filter

I supported the fundraiser campaign and recently received my filter, the NEX version. It is very handy, pretty much like having a built in ND. No more carrying around NDs in my pocket when using my fs100. The build quality seems pretty good. You can tuck the filter safely out of sight and away from dust, etc when not needed. As for the quality of the image when using it, I can't say. The days are short in Montreal right now. I haven't needed to use it on any projects yet, so I've only looked at the footage in camera and then erased it. When I get a chance, I hope to compare it to my also recently acquired Tiffen variable ND.
Tom Abray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion