Building a simply DIY motorized camera dolly system at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1
contact admin

Building a simply DIY motorized camera dolly system

--- ServoCity's simple DIY camera dolly ---

Want to know what the final outcome will look like and how it can be used? Check out this video review by Cheesycam.com : Simple DIY Motorized Video Track Dolly Project CheesyCam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS AT THE LINKS BELOW
It is now easier than ever to build your own custom dolly. Simply use our new Dolly Wheel Idler Plates to assemble a low friction system designed to work with 1” OD to 2” OD tubing (and any OD in between). We highly recommend using standard PVC pipe that can easily be purchased at your local hardware store.
Dolly Wheel Idler Plates A (585534)

Want to motorize your dolly platform? We have a simple solution. Our new Dolly Wheel Drive Plates make it easy to assemble a low friction drive system designed to work with the Dolly Idler plates mentioned above. The parts will work with most gearmotors that utiltize a 6mm bore output shaft.
Dolly Wheel Drive Plates B (585536)
Lauren Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Building a simply DIY motorized camera dolly system

From a glance through the page on your link, looks like some pretty cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. I must admit though, the pictures that I saw of the Dolly, at first I was thinking it totally reminded me of thinking built from an Erector Set. :)
Ralph Gereg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion