OEM Generic Touch-monitor CTF840-SC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 13th, 2014, 09:52 AM   #1
Inner Circle

OEM Generic Touch-monitor CTF840-SC

If anyone has a circuit diagram or service manual for an OEM transflective touch monitor which appears as several brands bearing the generic model CTF840-SC, any clues would be appreciated.

Web search only brings up vendors and operating manual. Screen goes white which was an intermittent problem on one of the other monitors which spontaneously came good after all joints checked and cleaned. Sadly the magic doesn't work on this one.

I should be able to find the OEM but a service manual for what is a use and throwaway product for tour-coach seatback DVD screens, POS/Cash registers, car computers may only be in Chinese if at all.

A luck would have it, an older monitor of the same type which had been becoming cranky finally laid down. A newer monitor ready for the occasion would not power up at all. I have ratted the gizzards out of an even older monitor of the same series to get two going but would like to troubleshoot the newest one.

Collectively, all three work but component substitution introduces a bad screen-mapping problem on any two, a real conundrum.

Why three? The SI2K fullbodied camera can daisychain several on board for camera op, focus puller and I also used the non-modified monitor on the EX1.

I can go and get a POS/cash-register monitor easily enough but would like to try to fix this first.

Last edited by Bob Hart; January 13th, 2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion