DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Recommendations for UK courier service (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/523744-recommendations-uk-courier-service.html)

Colin McDonald June 16th, 2014 02:29 PM

Recommendations for UK courier service

I need to get a camera to Canon CPS in one piece. I have done my best with the packaging, but can anyone recommend a courier? I could write a book about my experience as a receiver of parcels, but it is some time since I had to organise to send anything myself. All suggestions welcome.

Nick Danaluk June 16th, 2014 03:33 PM

Re: Recommendations for UK courier service

I send everything through Arthur Pendragon.

Colin McDonald June 17th, 2014 01:52 AM

Very funny it is too.

Not, however, terribly much help. You will doubtless appreciate my reaction:
"I f*rt in your general direction"

:-)

James Manford June 17th, 2014 09:00 AM

Interparcel dot com ... use their Interparcel Standard service. They use UPS and buy insurance.

Can't go wrong. They have never EVER failed me (touch wood) and I send lots and lots of parcels as I sell quite a lot of high value items on the internet. Their tracking service is second to none.

Colin McDonald June 17th, 2014 11:15 AM

Thank you for that, James, appreciated.

Gary Nattrass June 17th, 2014 11:48 PM

I use fastlane as they give you several quotes from various couriers and you can pick what is best for your needs: Fast Lane Couriers | Cheap Parcel Delivery & Courier Services

UPS is the best but not cheap and the post office special delivery is very convenient for smaller items.

James Manford June 18th, 2014 02:35 AM

Hi Gary

Interparcel is basically like FastLane ... they give you a list of couriers.

But their Interparcel Standard (which is normally under £10 for uk to uk) for the majority of parcel weights and sizes. They use UPS for this service who in my opinion have been flawless within mainland uk and countries such as belgium, denmark, sweden & a few other countries (from experience) for delivery.

Colin McDonald June 18th, 2014 03:50 AM

Righty-ho chaps, booked for UPS uplift via Interparcel Standard. Many thanks for your help.

James Manford June 18th, 2014 04:05 AM

That's great. Just to clarify I don't work for Interparcel just a very impressed repeat customer hoping that they continuously provide a flawless service.

FYI their customer service dept respond very quickly via the live chat system too ... so if you need to re-book delivery, or do anything else, hit them up via live chat!