FUJINON "EAGLE III" A16x9.5BERM-28B SERVO UNIT at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 1st, 2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Inner Circle

FUJINON "EAGLE III" A16x9.5BERM-28B SERVO UNIT

This unit takes the form of a grip and enclosure for a PCB control board and motor/gear drives.

One of the lenses bought really cheaply does not operate. From the unit there eminates a faint sour burned cork smell reminiscent of burned out components. I have had a good web search and not been able to find any circuit info for the internal PCB.

Does anyone have any info on the controller PCB which bears the number 110B6644691.

This specimen appears to have had work done in the past. Some of the soldering is very dull, possibly low lead which has been known to cause problems around the time it was introduced.

Some connector joints have been reworked with leaded solder. I could go blindly through and rework all the joints with leaded solder. I may introduce more faults than I solve. Despite its low value in today's market I wold be better served by approaching it systematically. The chances of a cascade failure through the entire thing may be good however I have struck it lucky in the past when some parts failed into open circuit and repaired easily.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited by Bob Hart; January 1st, 2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion