ifoco lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 9th, 2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Inner Circle

ifoco lens

One of my first camera's I got almost 40 years ago was a secondhand practica ltl which had a 35mm and a 200mm lens, that 200mm lens I recently found back. It's a 200mm Ifoco auto tele f3.5.

I can hardly find any info back about this lens on the internet, does anyone know what type of camera this lens might fit or if there are adapters available to fit it on other camera's?

I don't know if I just should trow the thing away or if it still has some value to sell on ebay.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 08:10 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: ifoco lens

If I recall correctly, Practica used the 42mm screw mount (Exacta mount) also used by generations of Pentax cameras. Very common mount, and easily adapted (at least, in the olden days) to Nikon F or Canon T-mount bayonets. A lens that old may well have grown fungus in the elements ---was a common problem --- but someone might have a use for it, possibly in an Exacta to C-mount adapter for some old motion picture camera, if such a thing exists anymore. But you can sell almost anything on Ebay....
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Praktica were M42 mount, although they went bayonet later.

There are quite a few M42 adaptors available for different cameras including micro 4/3, so unless it's in very bad order, the lens is not useless yet. Even then, someone may want it for spares.

I have a collection of vintage lenses, mainly M42, which I use on my 60D via adaptors. Fully manual of course, but I enjoy that.

Dave
Dave Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:37 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Thx for the info, the lens is in a good condition so I"ll just try to sell it on ebay, no idea though what to ask for it as I don't have any referenceprice.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2015, 07:29 AM   #5
Major Player

I've never heard of Ifoco lenses before. It would appear to be quite rare so, unless it was complete rubbish quality to start with, I would suggest a relatively high starting price.

I found one here TELE OBJECTIF 200 MM IFOCO pas cher - Achat et vente - PriceMinister. If it's not yours, it might help.

Dave
Dave Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2015, 07:48 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Yes, it's a rare lens as I can't find any image or info back in google, I found a PHOKINAR lens which almost looked exactly the same but the focusring looks different + instead of IFOCO it says PHOKINAR on the inside of the lensfront but all the rest look exactly the same, he was asking 50 euro for the lens. (Phokinar Auto Telephoto 1 3 5 F 200mm Monture M42 Mount Bonetat Good Condition | eBay)

The lens itself looks very simple but very solid build, all metal with a smooth turning focus ring and the iris ring also turns like it should.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion