New Macbook at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 30th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Major Player

New Macbook

I am looking to get a new Macbook Pro here soon to do some video editing on. I knew it’s probably too small to edit on itself, but I plan on hooking it up to two monitors when I actually need to do some serious editing.

My question is, how high end do I need to go? I know I want 16gb of RAM, but I don’t tons about the new processors.

My plan was to get one from apple under the refurbished products. Anyone have any suggestions on what to get?
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: New Macbook

The best 15" Retina with the 2GB graphics card, the i7 Quad-Core, and the 16GB of RAM: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1072689-REG/apple_mgxc2ll_a_15_4_macbook_pro_notebook.html
Not available from Apple refurbished at this time, but I bet you could find one at a good price. The machine can hold it's own as an editing machine. The quad core makes a huge difference from the 13" dual.
Old April 30th, 2015, 03:28 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: New Macbook

I have a 2013 15" MacBook Pro that I bought with all the specs maxed out, and it has been a very capable workstation for me. In fact, right this moment, I'm typing this message on it while also rendering 6K Dragon footage to 1080 ProRes 422, and it's moving along quite nicely.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion