Platform 4 x 8 x 3 high - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 26th, 2015, 12:58 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Platform 4 x 8 x 3 high

I used to work for a production company that also rented risers. We would be contracted to do Presidential events with network television cameras. We used Stageright decks/legs as they are sturdy and don't wobble with camera operators moving around. You get what you pay for with risers. Major Event Staging | StageRight Corporation

Sublime Lighting LLC
Old May 27th, 2015, 07:16 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I've done work with these guys before.
Camera Platform Rentals | SGA

Sublime Lighting LLC
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #18
Trustee

I have spent many long days on a Spider Pod. If you can afford it and are able to carry it they are a very good professional solution.

What ever you decide to work out it must be a two piece solution. I don't think there is any platform stable enough to stop the operators movements if the tripod is not isolated. When we must use standard ballroom stage risers we use two of them and leave a gap between them so they are not touching.

In a pinch I have also put the tripod on Anvil cases and other large containers gear comes in.

You will also need a long stick or mono pod that is not in use. That will be used to hit the people that are going to sit down on the front corners of your tripod platform. A Taser works best for that but is generally frowned upon ;)

Steve
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:13 PM   #19
Major Player

Check these out. I have two 4x4 platforms that are 32" high. They are super sturdy. I have had them for over 2 years and use them constantly whenever a raised platform is needed. The two platforms can lock together to form a 4x8 platform. Each one folds in half so it is manageable in a vehicle as long as you can put the back seats down. To me these are indispensable and I no longer have to rely on the event facility having something I can stand on.

https://www.intellistage.com/?page=prod&cat=24

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion