DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Thanks to All of You.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/530921-thanks-all-you.html)

Brock Burwell January 19th, 2016 01:46 PM

Thanks to All of You....

At the university I work at, they give an award and a trophy out twice a year (before the Fall semester and before the Spring semester) to the employee they think deserves it the most/did the best work that semester. I think it's basically an "Employee of the Semester" award. But anyway, I won! It's a really cool honor and they said they really appreciated the work I had been putting into my videos and they really felt like my videos were helping to bring unity to the community of alumni, staff and students. I know it's a silly little award just from my school, but it's a cool honor. It's the first time I've been awarded for my work before.

That being said, I must say THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me and responded to my questions over the last couple of years. This forum has been a huge resource for me in helping to make me a better videographer and I appreciate it so much! So thanks again!

Andrew Smith January 19th, 2016 04:16 PM

Re: Thanks to All of You....

Quick .... ask them if it comes with a designated free car parking space! :-P

Andrew

Tim Lewis January 19th, 2016 04:51 PM

Congratulations Brock! Well deserved I am sure.

Robert Benda January 20th, 2016 08:38 AM

One of those times I wish there was a 'like' or 'thumbs up' for posts.

Congratulations.

Ross Hunter January 20th, 2016 09:47 AM

Like. (text is too short error message)

Sabyasachi Patra January 20th, 2016 10:40 AM

Congratulations Brock!
Looks like you are enjoying doing this. Else for regular jobs people don't come to forums for questions. When you are enjoying you naturally put in more effort to learn as well as create the stuff to your satisfaction. Awards are a natural by product. Keep on learning and doing what you love.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jon Fairhurst January 20th, 2016 02:19 PM

Congratulations! Never stop learning!

Denis Danatzko January 20th, 2016 03:00 PM

Recognition is always heartwarming.
Congrats.

Charles Newcomb January 20th, 2016 03:26 PM

Coolness. Did you get the award presentation on video?

Brock Burwell January 21st, 2016 11:23 AM

Thanks everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Newcomb (Post 1907250)
Coolness. Did you get the award presentation on video?

haha I didn't get it on video. I was photographing the event when I was selected. I had no idea I would have been chosen, but my boss came over and took my camera and took the photo of me accepting the award. It's actually called the "Heisman" and it's a poor mans's version of the real Heisman trophy, but still cool nonetheless.