Smokin Seiki 39 4k at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 10th, 2016, 02:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Smokin Seiki 39 4k

2 yrs ago almost to the day I got a Seiki 39" 4k screen at a bargain basement price as did a few others on this forum as I recall.
Yesterday it near caught fire whilst set up at a school concert.
It had been hard to start for the past month, requiring unplugging the AC and replugging in before the blue light came on. I used it at events to playback the event immediately after the show's ending and the 4k video never failed to increase sales.
Heavy blue smoke accompanied by an awful smell just started pouring chimney style out of the top cooling vents and I was right there to unplug it which I did but the stink lingered for quite a while.
Thought I might mention this so anyone else with one maybe not leave it turned on unattended. Might just be the one I got which I have been dragging around in the back of the van for the past year causing something to come loose in there and start burning.
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion