Which format for a travel video? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 27th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Which format for a travel video?

Hey all, I'm going to do a travel video for possible broadcast and I'm not sure what format would be best for me to shoot at. Maybe you can provide some professional thoughts. I would appreciate it. The Sony X70 I have shoots 1080p at 50mb/s 4.2.2, or 4k at 100 mb/s at 4.2.0. What do you recommend shooting at in terms of being able to better sell the video? Most of my work I've been shooting HD 4:2:2 but I'm wondering if 4k would make more sense. Would enough color info be lost with the 4k that it would actually look worse than the HD 4.2.2? What would turn on or off a potential broadcaster? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Which format for a travel video?

There are many reasons why you'd pick either format, but with none of the information needed to make that determination, I'd pick HD.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion