DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   how to disable specific driver install in win 10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/533066-how-disable-specific-driver-install-win-10-a.html)

Noa Put November 16th, 2016 06:22 AM

how to disable specific driver install in win 10

I decided to give win 10 pro another go and first thing I did was to find a way to disable it from replacing a specific GPU driver I need for Edius to activate the use of quick sync. It's already a while back but I found a solution through google which made windows 10 ignore the specific driver and every update I did after that did not bother with replacing the gpu driver.

Untill now...Seems the people at microsoft made some changes because there it was again this morning, in the updates I see the new gpu driver suggested by windows but it doesn't install yet because I have the system configured to delay updates until I want them to install.

The problem is I can't deselect that gpudriver, there is only a option to update the system.

Anyone found a permanent solution to block windows from replacing a specific driver?

Ron Evans November 16th, 2016 06:48 AM

Re: how to disable specific driver install in win 10

Noa, if you go to the EDIUS forum Jerry has a set of instruction for WIN10. I also think the latest version of EDIUS will work with the new driver rather than just with 4300 driver.

Ron

Dave Baker November 16th, 2016 06:55 AM

Having been setting up Widows 10 Pro for my wife, I found an option to prevent driver destruction by updates, which I didn't need and have forgotten where I saw it, although if I were to guess where it is I would say in the corporate policy settings. Sorry to be a bit vague, but I know it's there somewhere and not being a Windows user, I can't easily look it up.

Noa Put November 16th, 2016 04:50 PM

I just took the risk and updated from the 4300 to the 4531 driver and quicksync still works! Good that edius finally got that under control.

Ron Evans November 16th, 2016 05:44 PM

I am still on 8.2 so need the 4300 driver. Will wait until present project is done before updating to 8.3 that was out today. Don't really need anything that is in 8.22 or 8.3 as I still have Quicktime installed but having less dependency on the WIN 10 installing latest drivers will be good.

Ron Evans

Noa Put November 17th, 2016 05:33 AM

The primary color corrector alone was worth the upgrade for me and now optical flow in 8.3, allthough not without it's flaws, is another great addition.
I just installed 8.3 and that one also supports quicksync with the 4531 driver

Ron Evans November 17th, 2016 07:04 AM

Yes I have Primary Color Corrector in 8.2 , which is great, but didn't bother with 8.22 which was to address the Quicktime issue. I still have Quicktime on the PC but with the player disabled everywhere. Will wait until I have finished this set of projects before trying 8.3 because other than the Intel driver issue there is nothing of real interest to me in the release. Don't think I would use Optical Flow in anything I do and I don't use the EDIUS Browser. All my projects are 4 camera multicam so for a show I get a grand total of 8 clips all started and stopped at roughly the same time.

Ron Evans