DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   IPHONE 7 PLUS 4K VIDEO: Grand Canyon South Rim (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/533076-iphone-7-plus-4k-video-grand-canyon-south-rim.html)

Dan Carter November 17th, 2016 04:00 PM

IPHONE 7 PLUS 4K VIDEO: Grand Canyon South Rim

iPhone 7 Plus visits the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Gear:
iPhone 7 Plus
Stock iPhone camera app
Shoulderpod S1
MeFoto Air Backpacker tripod
Manfrotto 560B fluid monopod
Final Cut Pro X

John Nantz November 18th, 2016 03:42 PM

Re: IPHONE 7 PLUS 4K VIDEO: Grand Canyon South Rim

Nice job, Dan. There were some really nice shots and the work with that iPhone 7 was really quite impressive. If you didn’t say what it was shot with you'd think it was with a cam. Nice job editing, too. The sped up parts helped keep the interest. When the air is cool and clear the colors look much richer.

The video reminds me of when I was there during Easter break in my college days. We camped out beside the car but it got really cold so we deiced to sleep in the car instead. In the morning the windows were all white and when the door was opened we discovered almost a foot of snow.

Not having tire chains made it difficult getting out of the campground but several people who were camped out (Sierra Club members) helped push the car out of the camping spot and got it moving. Had a heck of a time getting out of the North Rim area as there were very small grades to negotiate (had to race down one to climb the next while fishtailing) and didn’t slow down until we got close to Route 66. (does that date me?) That’s one experience I’ll never forget.

Dan Carter November 19th, 2016 10:11 AM

Re: IPHONE 7 PLUS 4K VIDEO: Grand Canyon South Rim

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Nantz (Post 1923774)
Nice job, Dan. There were some really nice shots and the work with that iPhone 7 was really quite impressive. If you didn’t say what it was shot with you'd think it was with a cam. Nice job editing, too. The sped up parts helped keep the interest. When the air is cool and clear the colors look much richer.

The video reminds me of when I was there during Easter break in my college days. We camped out beside the car but it got really cold so we deiced to sleep in the car instead. In the morning the windows were all white and when the door was opened we discovered almost a foot of snow.

Not having tire chains made it difficult getting out of the campground but several people who were camped out (Sierra Club members) helped push the car out of the camping spot and got it moving. Had a heck of a time getting out of the North Rim area as there were very small grades to negotiate (had to race down one to climb the next while fishtailing) and didn’t slow down until we got close to Route 66. (does that date me?) That’s one experience I’ll never forget.

I'm glad you enjoyed this project John. And thank you for the encouraging words.

I live in Phoenix and usually head for the Canyon when a Winter storm is predicted. It is absolutely beautify in Winter, but is definitely a plus if you can arrive before the storm and stay till it fades. Getting out can be tricky.

Thank you for watching and commenting.