DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Can/Should I Offer Wedding Video and Corporate Video on the Same Site? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/533352-can-should-i-offer-wedding-video-corporate-video-same-site.html)

Brock Burwell January 2nd, 2017 12:34 PM

Can/Should I Offer Wedding Video and Corporate Video on the Same Site?

A couple years ago I built a website to start my video production company. I focused it completely around corporate work, but recently I've been getting into wedding video so I started putting that on the site as well. Does it make sense to advertise both on the same site or should they be split up into different brands?

I feel like a corporate video production site and a wedding video site maybe should have different looks and feels, but I just wanted to get some advice. Thanks

Roger Gunkel January 2nd, 2017 12:50 PM

Re: Can/Should I Offer Wedding Video and Corporate Video on the Same Site?

The opening page on my website is a general overview and is dominated by 4 photos with text for Weddings, Corporate, Schools and Music. Each of these photos can be clicked on to go to a complete section on the particular service. It seems to work well for us and I prefer it to having a seperate website for each section.

Roger

Noa Put January 2nd, 2017 01:00 PM

Corporate clients might not take you seriously if they see you do weddingvideo so that might be worth considering. Personally I would have separate websites so your clients think you specialize in a particular area.

Brock Burwell January 2nd, 2017 06:22 PM

Yea that's what I'm afraid of. I really don't want to build a whole new site just for this but its looking like thats what I may have to do

Paul Mailath January 3rd, 2017 05:25 AM

do you have to build a new site? - why not set your weddings up as separate pages and simply buy a wedding domain name and redirect to those pages

Roger Gunkel January 3rd, 2017 05:34 AM

I don't think it matters if corporate clients know you film weddings or wedding clients know you do corporate, providing you make it clear that they are different divisions of your business. I go on many websites where the company concerned is involved in different types of business and I just assume that they a lot of different types of clients, so it could be an advantage.

I think it is important to have different pages for the different types of work and as Paul said you could link in via a seperate domain name if you felt that was important. It can be time consuming keeping a website current and the more you have the more time is involved.

Roger