Video screen capture on a Win10 machine at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 18th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #1
Austinite

Video screen capture on a Win10 machine

So I wanted to go through a set of photos on Flickr and record narration to my ZoomH2N. I tried the Xbox app that gamers use to record their gameplay, I think it is called GameDVR. It didn't work. I couldn't convince my computer that an internet browser was a game. I downloaded a trial of SnagIT. I recorded in SnagIT and on my Zoom H2N. The video file was a small MP4 that was 10.9fps. I dropped it into premiere and when I went to put the audio with it I have found myself making multiple cuts because the audio and video do not line up and there is no rhyme or reason to how many times I have to cut and when. Unfortunately I was using the mouse pointer to point things out in the photos. I gave up on the edit and may try to do it without the pointer recorded so I can just have a static image in the edit.

Long morning with nothing to show from it...

Last edited by Phil Goetz; January 18th, 2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo
Phil Goetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Video screen capture on a Win10 machine

Open Broadcast Software. It captures using x264 directly to H.264 MP4s compatible in Premiere. (Yes, there's a local recording feature in it!)

https://obsproject.com/

I made this Odyssey 7Q+ tutorial using OBS and Premiere:
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion