Anton Bauer tandem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 6th, 2017, 05:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anton Bauer tandem

i recently bought a JVC HD110 that came with a Hytron battery and mount. However there is no charger. I have been looking on eBay for a tandem charger and most of them do not come with the power cord. It looks to be the same as a standard pic cord. Am I correct? Also, are these units pretty well built or are they prone to failure as I see a few out there that are being sold for parts but the charge light comes on.

Any help and/ or insight appreciated.
Thx
Kurt Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Anton Bauer tandem

I've been using mine for - well, years and years with no issues whatsoever, I bought it about the time I got the HD110. Easily 6 -7 years ago. Maybe more.

I run component out to a couple of Black Magic mini converters to HDMI and record on a Ninja. Marvelous camera!
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Anton Bauer tandem

I had one ~10-15 years ago that ended up having what I remember was a diode going bad. There is no doubt Anton Bauer makes nice stuff but I do have some issues with the way AB gear has measures in place to where you can't use third party batteries on their chargers and vice versa. I would look for a couple of generic "gold mount" batteries and a cheap charger and not lock yourself into the AB ecosystem. Think of it as kind of the Apple of camera batteries. Just my opinion.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion