How to fix video shot with Too Fast a Shutter Speed in Post? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 21st, 2017, 12:16 AM   #1
Major Player

How to fix video shot with Too Fast a Shutter Speed in Post?

Hi there,

I spent a few days shooting some video clips on my Nikon DSLR (shot at 1920x1080 at 23.97 frames per second) and make the rookie mistake of using the shutter speed to control exposure (I know to leave it at 1/50, but hadn't shot video for a while) and now, after shooting at faster shutter speeds, my video look jittery. Not over jittery, but enough that I notice a jitter/flicker rather than smooth motion of pans or of people talking to the camera.

I am using Premiere Elements 11. Is there any thing that can smooth out the video for me? I read about using motion blur to give the sharp jittery video a slight blurr, but my version of elements doesn't have that.

Do the later versions have motion blurr and will it work 100% to make the video look good?

Anyway, any advice on how to "fix it in post" is appreciated. If there are any third party apps or software that can help, please let me know.

For example, I used Handbrake to try to smooth out the video by changing the frame rate. It didn't help, I"m not sure if I'm using Handbrake to its full ability

(FYI, I compressed a short sample video clip and put it on Dropbox: https://goo.gl/gK6fqr , don't mind the focus, framing, etc.... this was just a short test clip I had, that shows the stutter/jitter at between 20 to 28 seconds.

Any suggestions other than using pixel blur on After Effects?

Ronald
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: How to fix video shot with Too Fast a Shutter Speed in Post?

ReSpeedr might help
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion