Chapter Markers in Vimeo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 13th, 2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Chapter Markers in Vimeo

I have a Vimeo account. I have a long video there. I would like to add chapter markers in that video. There are several videos about this but they were make 5 or so years ago and that method doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have an idea how to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Chapter Markers in Vimeo

Their own examples don't work?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:13 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I didn’t know this was possible until I just googled it. From what I understand for this to work it must be embedded in a web page and you need to code hyper links with a javascript that allows it to jump to chapters in the video.

Here’s a sample https://codepen.io/2ne/full/revBy

I can’t verify it works probably because I’m using my phone browser. Which leads me to my point that these things are susceptible to technical problems, compatibility issues and future changes that might break it. A less elegant solution is to list the chapters times in the description .

If you host your own site, comfortable with coding and don’t mind the extra work then it could be a good solution.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 07:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Cofrancesco View Post
I didn’t know this was possible until I just googled it. From what I understand for this to work it must be embedded in a web page and you need to code hyper links with a javascript that allows it to jump to chapters in the video.

Here’s a sample https://codepen.io/2ne/full/revBy

I can’t verify it works probably because I’m using my phone browser. Which leads me to my point that these things are susceptible to technical problems, compatibility issues and future changes that might break it. A less elegant solution is to list the chapters times in the description .

If you host your own site, comfortable with coding and don’t mind the extra work then it could be a good solution.
Yes, I saw several videos that said the same thing. I don't have my own site so I'm out of luck. I'm still searching and I'll post back when and if I discover something.
Thanks for your input.
Harry Lender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion