DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Please help with these few questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/54292-please-help-these-few-questions.html)

Jim Rog November 13th, 2005 05:10 AM

newbee needs help with these few questions please

Hello to all and thank you for any help you can offer me I have a few questions and would like some help if possible.

1. I have a manfrotto dolly its not the best out there but I am just getting into video so you have to start some where, my question is when pushing the dolly it seems a bit light do you think it would be ok to put a few weights on it to make it more steady?

2. what is the best software for pc video editing is it going to be sony vegas? can you do any green/blue keying with this program?

3. Now I know lots of people talk about film look but using the FX1 is there any real way to get this by using a program on the computer?

4. what will be the best program for recording the footage from the FX1 to the computer?

5. Now this is what I would really like to know has anyone ever seen the movie the Nutty Professor? this is something I would like to do I now have the screen if that is what is needed but I am unsure how you would have yourself talking to yourself as 2 different people. ok I know you have to record yourself dressed up as one person then change clothes then dress up as the other one, But what I do not understand is how would I go about getting the timing right so when I talk as one person how do I get the other one of me to respond in time when talking to each other?

Thanks for any help on this and sorry if I have not explained things very well

Aanarav Sareen November 13th, 2005 04:14 PM

1. Take a look at some of the dolly related threads over here.

2. There is no 'best' video editing software. It really depends on your workflow. I would strongly reccomend downloading the trial versions of each NLE and give it a shot. But, most programs can key out blue/green screens.

3. Film look depends on a lot of things, camera being one of them. If you have good lighting you should be able to get a pretty decent look, once combined with some color-correction.

4. Depends on the NLE in most cases.

5. This is actually pretty easy to do within your NLE. If you have a specific editing program in mind, I can probably list down the steps for you.

Jim Rog November 15th, 2005 07:00 AM

Hello Aanarav

I am grateful for your response and time on this

Please if you could give me a few steps or point me in the right direction of a good web site that can offer some video training or has a good set of tutorials i would be grateful.

The programs i have are

photoshop
after effects
premiere pro
3d max
vegas

would you recommend any other programs that are good for this sort of project?