Films made with Sony PD/VX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 16th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Films made with Sony PD/VX

Hello,

Could you please tell me if you know any films (which have aired at least in TV) made with PD/VX series cameras or could you point me to some website which has information on this? About half a year ago I saw a website which had hundreds of film titles listed with used camera types after every line, but I cannot remember the address anymore.

A while ago I watched a Finnish drama film in TV (which has probably been in cinemas too) and I'm quite sure they used PD150 there + in widescreen mode (it was done in a bit strange style and I once saw the PD150 in the scene + hand-filmed shots were rather shaky + the image was not extremely sharp probably because of the 16:9 mode).

Thanks a lot!
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You could go to IMDB, and search it there. Then you'll get a list.

I think 'The Idiots' of Lars Von Trier was shot with a VX-1000 but I'm not sure.
And that series with Ewan Mcgregor and somebody else who drove around the country (and other countries) - I must say I haven't seen the series, because I live in Belgium, they didn't air it here, only heared of it - was shot with PDX too, I believe.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Amazing advice! I never knew that camera types are published in IMDB and I'm finding so many interesting films/TV shows made with the Sony cams. Thanks a lot!
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion