Domestic Violence Documentary Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 10th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #1
Trustee

Domestic Violence Documentary Premiere

Dear Fellow DV Infoers:

I had the honor of being asked to assist a police colleague with her tell-all documentary detailing her personal experiences with familial abuse. After 25 years as a police veteran serving in one of Northern New Jeresy's toughest areas, Captain Donna Roman has come forward to announce, unbeknownst to her shocked and surprised friends, some of whom had known her since childhood, that, for years, she and her mother had been verbally and physically abused by her World War Two Veteran father, which had lasted right up until the time Donna became a police officer. With honesty, integrity and fairness, her 45 minute documentary, including personal family photos and interviews, looks at both sides of the "why" this happened. Captain Roman hopes that others who see her documentary will come away empowered to help prevent domestic violence. Her making this film has been a cathartic experience and she hopes to spread the message that physical and verbal abuse doesn't have to happen, that victims of domestic violence can be heard and that the abused and even the abusers can get help.

She plans her premiere in late February at the Omni in Galloway Township, Southern New Jersey. Anybody in the area is invited to attend and ask questions of Donna afterward. I will announce a firm premiere date when I get it. There will more than likely be a $5.00 cover and refereshments. She hopes to have her DVD for sale afterwards and any DV Infoer who can help facilitate packaging and copying her DVD for distribution please contact me. She is looking for the best overall price.

Thank you all for your time.
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #2
Trustee

The Atlantic City Press release is forthcoming. Donna will be showing her movie on Saturday, February 25 at the Omni on the White Horse Pike in Galloway Township, N.J. I will post a link to the press release when it is printed.
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Good luck with this...
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Trustee

Thank You, Reid. What's most important is the message within the film, not the technical stuff.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion