Good places to buy used in Philadelphia or NYC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 12th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Good places to buy used in Philadelphia or NYC?

I am looking for a used PD150 for $2000 or less. I want to pick it up in person, to avoid the risk of shipping, not to mention the added cost. I need to know what stores in Philly or NYC would sell a PD150.
Thanks,
-Rob
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Wrangler

I don't think you'll find that in Philadelphia (let me know if you do :-)

By far the best thing for you to do is hop on the Turnpike, or bus, or train, and make the trek to B&H Photo in NYC. It's really not a long trip from where you are (I used to live in West Chester myself!). If you haven't been there then it's really a "must see"... not another place like it anywhere! It only takes a few minutes to get there from the Lincoln Tunnel and there are a number of parking lots nearby. See the info on their website: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
I don't think you'll find that in Philadelphia (let me know if you do :-)

By far the best thing for you to do is hop on the Turnpike, or bus, or train, and make the trek to B&H Photo in NYC. It's really not a long trip from where you are (I used to live in West Chester myself!). If you haven't been there then it's really a "must see"... not another place like it anywhere! It only takes a few minutes to get there from the Lincoln Tunnel and there are a number of parking lots nearby. See the info on their website: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
Really? That's awesome! I live pretty close to Exton. Graduating from Henderson this year :-) . Does B&H negotiate prices even a little? They have 2 PD150's, but they're sort of expensive. I could probably talk my dad into making a trip, he orders photo gear from them all the time.
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Wrangler

Sorry, have never bought used gear from them. But it's definitely worth the trip, even for the "sightseeing" value! Let us know if you find a camera, and also what you think of B&H!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion