Delay live video by about 5 minutes? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 14th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Farris
Well, we really need to use coax for the connection from the camera to the computer, since the camera will normally be ~100ft from the plasma screen. I dunno if S-video has that capability/low cost.
well its a TV tuner, so of course its going to have a coax input. Although you'll need to make sure your source can set the video to work on channel 3 or 4, like a regular tv.
Jay Cowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #17
Major Player

All HDD home recorders can, like Richard already wrote, playback footage while recording that same footage. So, just start playback 5 minutes after you started recording and you are set. A 160GB unit costs less than $500 and will allow good quality delayed video for several tens of hours before the HDD get full.
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I know there are tons of options but the main problem is finding a device that has a coaxial input which does not require to be tuned to a certain channel, since the XL2 can not output to a certain channel.

I need something that has a coaxial connection that treats it as a plain ole signal.
Brian Farris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #19
Major Player

Put an VCR in between. XL2>VCR (short video cable), VCR (antenna out)> long coax> DVD recorder antenna in.
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #20
Regular Crew

That would probably work, but is there anything simpler/smaller than a vcr that will acomplish this?
Brian Farris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #21
Major Player

This may be a little late to be of help but I saw this thread last month and then the other day I stumbled across the sony dsr-1000. It will allows playback of any segment while still recording. Good luck, Jason.
Jason Varner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion