Got A Reputable Dealer? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2003, 03:39 PM   #1
Tourist

Got A Reputable Dealer?

I'm looking to purchase a Sony PDX10 camcorder (or a PD 150 if I can find a good deal)

I've heard the horror stories. Particularly Robert Knecht Schmidt's "Don't Get Burned" post.

How about some good experiences anyone has had?

I've ordered from B&H, and they don't always have the lowest prices, but they are 100% reliable. Perhaps there are some places that have lower prices but are still reliable.

Thanks.

--> Mark
Old January 16th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #2
Trustee

Well I'm sure I'll only be the first in a series of the same, but try out http://www.zotzdigital.com

I heard a lot about them on this board, and finally placed my first order with them. Their staff is very helpful and personable.

I buy often from B&H as well. But it seems that Zotz is cheaper on many things.

Imran.
Old January 16th, 2003, 04:12 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If you're in Seattle then you can also try calling Camera World in Oregon. I wanted to check out Zotz but didn't have time to drive that far south during a recent visit to OR.

Be sure to ask about special pricing as their regular advertised price is near standard retail.

Dean Sensui
Base Two Productions
Old January 16th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #4
Warden

B & H Photo is a reputable Sony dealer on the East Coast and Zotz Is a reputable West Coast dealer, so with two good choices, I'm closing this thread to prevent the inevitable listing of hundreds of dealers the we all got great deals from. Please try our community sponsors as a way of supporting their efforts in this community.

Jeff
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion