DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   need Case for my DSR 390 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/67563-need-case-my-dsr-390-a.html)

Robi Nalt May 17th, 2006 09:11 AM

need Case for my DSR 390

First of all greetings everyone, this is my first post and i hope this is the right place to post it.

Recently i bought a Sony DSR 390, but I don't want to use the box when i need to move with it because its very inconvinient and unsafe.

Does anyone know how much it might be for a case (bag) where to hold the camera and keep it safe when im driving in my car?
I would like to know how much this carrying case might cost, and i am hoping that i can find a cheap one, but that is also safe. Thanks for all your help.

Rob Neidig May 17th, 2006 11:23 AM

Robi,

Congratulations on your DSR-390. Now that you've spent that kind of money on the camera, I would recommend that you NOT cheap out on the case. You can buy cases made by Porta Brace or Kata through dealers like B&H Photo/Video - a DVDinfo sponsor. They protect your camera - including in most instances a metal protector for the viewfinder - and will last practically forever. There are several different moels available. The "Quickdraw" model from Porta Brace is popular for "run and gun" type situations.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Have fun!

Rob

David Mintzer May 17th, 2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robi Nalt
First of all greetings everyone, this is my first post and i hope this is the right place to post it.

Recently i bought a Sony DSR 390, but I don't want to use the box when i need to move with it because its very inconvinient and unsafe.

Does anyone know how much it might be for a case (bag) where to hold the camera and keep it safe when im driving in my car?
I would like to know how much this carrying case might cost, and i am hoping that i can find a cheap one, but that is also safe. Thanks for all your help.

You have plenty of options---you can go for a soft case or a hard case---B&H carries several brands----among them Kata, Porta Brace, Petrol---They run a range of prices---the soft cases being cheaper--hard cases more expensive. Go to their website and check pricing. Another option is to make your own.

Robi Nalt May 17th, 2006 02:26 PM

thanks for your responses guys. I went to the BHPhotovideo website, and saw the cases the only problem is that i am not sure how big they are and weather my DSR 390 would fit.

I would also go with making my own bag, but i haven't the slightest clue, if any of you have done it and can give me some tips to start of with, why not? I would certainly do it.

Don Bloom May 17th, 2006 03:20 PM

The Porta Brace CC-22-PW is a case that would work. I use it for the JVC5000 with a shotgun mic, battery on the camera and shoulder strap on the camera. The AntonBauer UltraLite base is also on the cam not the light head itself but the base for it. I also keep a wireless receiver on the camera mounted to an AB bracket. I keep 3 other batteries, a 2nd receiver, 2 body paks,light head, headphones, a stick mic, 2 XLRs (10 ft and 4 ft) tapes and extra 9V and AA batteries in it as well. I can grab the bag and be ready to shoot.
The 390 is about the same size so you should be able to carry pretty much anything you want in the bag. The best thing about it is the metal protector cover for the veiwfinder. It also has a strap on the back of the bag that you can run a seatbelt thru to lock it into your car seat with.
The is another one that looks just like it but is smaller, about 3 inches so it might not work for you. The main pocket (where the camera fits actually opens into the end pocket so it is somewhat adjustable and the end pocket has velcro on it so you can adjust the size of that which in turn will adjust the main pocket.
I love the bag, probably the best bag I've ever owned. Worth every dime!

Don B