Sony DCR-TRV10 value? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony DCR-TRV10 value?

I dont know if this is the proper forum for this question and if it isn't would someone please be kind enough to point me to the correct forum so I dont take up bandwidth here....

I just purchased a new in the box Sony DCR TRV 10 mini dv format camcorder

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catal...img2587795.jpg

from a Police Auction Site.. Could somone tell me what I should have expected to pay for it, or basically what is a camcorder of this type worth today ? Honestly I dont think I got hurt on the deal but the way this market is, today it could be top of the line or yesterdays old news and like a Hi 8 and worth $ 100.00 bucks...

I did a search on google and one of the threads stated MSRP was $ 1799.00,
ok when was that ? I figure some of the veteran members here would, could. or might give me some insight... Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you Chris for the forums...

terryh@familysurf.net

New Boot - Green Horn - Havent got a clue and that's why I ask so many dumb questions.
Terry Hensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Trv10

Terry:

I purchased my TRV10 new in 1999 for around $1500 (still have it and it still works well). It is a very nice early generation DV camcorder. In fact in some ways the new ones have gone backwards on features and build quality in my opinion. I still use it from time to time, although I now most often use my VX2000. Check ebay for current prices. What did you pay for it?

Peter
Peter Greis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:00 PM   #3
New Boot

I paid $ 380.00 delivered from www.stealitback.com a police auction site.

www.stealitback.com
www.propertyroom.com
Terry Hensley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion