Can Someone Help Me please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Tourist

Can Someone Help Me please

Hello, Im going to film some athletes sports games, and I trying to find a proffesional camera that has perfessional picture qualtiy, like the quality that you see on ESPN highlights are close to that. I dont have alot of money so Im trying to get something professional yet affordable, that can be hooked up to my computer for editng and cutting. I was told that I would also need computer software so I could actually edit the Video's on my computer. The editor at my church told me about a software called Vegas Video's that cost about 400 dollars, he said it was good for editing video's. He also told me about a camera that canon makes thats about 600 bucks, that has a USB connection. I am looking for alot of input from anyone who knows anything about good quality filming and editng sports and any other special events. I will gretly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

Godbless!
Maguell Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

What?

Sorry dude, but $1,000 is soft change in the video market. You want ESPN quality picture? Here's the price breakdown:

Camera: Digibeta or DVCPRO50: $30,000-50,000
Tripod: $2,000
Computer: > $5,000

= > $37,000

Now if you can settle for lesser quality, I would not do any work with something less than the cost of a 3CCD camera: > $1,000.
Bryan Aycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:53 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Well you don't need DIGIbeta to have broadcast quality, but you definately need more then 1000 dollar...
A good 3CCD camera could do, I think an XL2 maybe... (from the SD flavours)
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere
Well you don't need DIGIbeta to have broadcast quality, but you definately need more then 1000 dollar...
A good 3CCD camera could do, I think an XL2 maybe... (from the SD flavours)
You wouldn't even necessarily need a Canon XL2. It was just mentioned in the Deadliest Catch thread that that Discovery Channel show is filmed using the Panasonic DVC-30, an ~$1800 camcorder (as opposed to ~$4000 for the XL2).

In the end, good camera skills are more important than the camera itself.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion