Getting formats correct at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 26th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #1
New Boot

Getting formats correct

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this has been hashed over 1000 times. I couldn't find it.

I am using an Canon XL2 in 16:9 format. I am capturing it in FCP 5 in the anamorphic setting. looks fine in FCP but when I export it to Quicktime, it looks like squeezed up 720x480.

At the end of the day, I want to both make it web ready in 16:9 and, more importantly, I want to produce a DVD and have the aspect ration work out.

Thoughts? Should I be doing something different? I hope so because what I have isn't working.

Thanks for any help.

paul
Paul McGowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Paul, are you just using default settings when exporting to Quicktime? You might want to make sure that you are using a setting that is 16:9, and not 4:3 which is often the default setting. When it comes to making something "web ready" I find I usually have to customize the settings for the clip to make sure the aspect ratio holds true.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion