My Head Is Spinning - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:52 PM   #16
Major Player

Forced Hand

Well, I appreciate all the comments you guys gave me. I ended up with a used GL1. The reason I ended up with it is because I happened across a guy seling it for only $400. I tested it out and it seems to be working great. There are a few items from the original package that were not inclueded (some cables, the remote) but I think for the price I got a decent deal. Now I have a good camera for school and projects.

Now to just learn the camera and the craft better...time and practice.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:25 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Shofner
Well, I appreciate all the comments you guys gave me. I ended up with a used GL1. The reason I ended up with it is because I happened across a guy seling it for only $400. I tested it out and it seems to be working great. There are a few items from the original package that were not inclueded (some cables, the remote) but I think for the price I got a decent deal. Now I have a good camera for school and projects.

Now to just learn the camera and the craft better...time and practice.
Lisa,

Sounds like a good decision to me. Good little camera to learn on and get b-roll later. And, when you step up to that big bad new camera some day you have a low cost deck to capture with!

Have fun!

Mike
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:40 AM   #18
Major Player

Congrats', Lisa!
Do you mind me asking where you got it? I too have been looking for a new camera, and the Gl1 is one of the ones I was looking at.

Thanks in advance!
~Gabriel~
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:03 AM   #19
Major Player

I got mine from a local man, found the ad on craigslist.org and went from there. I've seen a lot on ebay, they seem to go for about $1000-1200 USD there, but usually come with extra equipment.

All I got was the camera itself, power supply, and a firewire cable. But I was able to test it out before i paid for it which was a big plus to me.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion