decisions decisions????? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Tourist

decisions decisions?????

first off i'm new here, wow! there is a lot to learn. been a still camera guy forever. looking at expanding my business to include video and need some advice (good advice only) on the best way to spend my dollars. i need to keep my cost down and have set a start up budget of around 5k or less with me leaning as far to the less side as possible.

i'm not sure what info is needed so here goes the basics. i will be shooting weddings and wildlife as the bulk for the time being. i would like to pick up a 2nd camera within the next 6 months and a 3rd with in a year. for now i will have someone else doing all of my post work, but i would like to start learning now as i find it more satisfying when you do your own.

thanks
Rob
Rob Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Major Player

I would look at the XL2. Best zoom and image stabilizer, true 16:9, looks professional, etc, etc..
Adam Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:02 PM   #3
Tourist

that is one that i have on the list for sure. also with blue ray on the way as well as the advances with HD, should i look ahead and spring for an HD camera. i saw on another thread that canon will have it's XH-A1 out in october. from what i can see thus far, canon and sony are the big hitters and probably the best choices.
Rob Burnham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion