PROBLEM! - New Hand Luggage rules at London airports - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 5th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling
If you don't like Fedwrecks or UPmesS and you have to travel abroad with 100lbs of gear, what else is there?
hmm....you could sneek into the baggage handling area to keep an eye on the handlers then sneek into the baggage hold on the plane and sit on your pelican case.....you'll have to dress warm cause i hear there not heated and the drinks trolly doesn't go down that far.

Andy.
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
…If you don't like Fedwrecks or UPmesS (I like that one, Peter, LOL!) and you have to travel abroad with 100lbs of gear, what else is there?
Yes, travelling - regardless of terrorists threats - has become far easier during the past decades and flights are becoming safer (in theory) - with faster transport and more to choose from - so there are options to take and more destinations to travel to with comparative ease. Flying is still safer than crossing a road, so terrorist threats have not put me off flying.

Still, I do have equipment that I'd rather keep in my possession while travelling via plane, ship, train, car or donkey...so I'll have to look more closely at all the other international airports and check if the same rules apply.
I've got a feeling that public pressure and financial losses may force the London Airport control authority to reassess the current rules laid down during recent weeks.
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Graham
hmm....you could sneek into the baggage handling area to keep an eye on the handlers then sneek into the baggage hold on the plane and sit on your pelican case.....you'll have to dress warm cause i hear there not heated and the drinks trolly doesn't go down that far.

Andy.
Damn it, Andy....you spoiled my plot...
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
That said. Maybe we should be a little constructive and see if we can discuss some good alternatives. If you don't like Fedwrecks or UPmesS and you have to travel abroad with 100lbs of gear, what else is there?
You could reserve gear in advance to rent locally at your destination. (factoring these expenses into your fees of course)

Given the cost of shipping heavy boxes and the low price of airline tickets ... maybe buying an extra seat for the gear-bag would be worth while.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion