DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Photos And Graphics For VHS Box Covers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/7888-photos-graphics-vhs-box-covers.html)

Clarence Walker March 20th, 2003 04:37 PM

Photos And Graphics For VHS Box Covers

Hi, I'm a new member, but have enjoyed reading messages here for a month. This place is fantastic, and I've already picked up many fine tips for my budding Video Business.

Anyway, a quick question. Right now I'm editing with Premiere 6.0 and have "PictureGear" installed in my system. Is there an easy way to take my photos and create a box cover art (with titles) for my VHS tape?

I would prefer to stay away from Adobe Photoshop at this time. I'm just looking for a quick/inexpensive solution.

Thanks,

Clarence

K. Forman March 20th, 2003 04:44 PM

The easiest way, would be to use templates. These can be found in numerous places online, such as avery.com. You can usually get free software when you buy the blank VHS sleeves, and it will let you use your images, make titles, etc.

Clarence Walker March 20th, 2003 04:58 PM

THANKS

Thanks Keith for the quick response.

Do you think a place like Fry's Electronics would have the software?

Clarence

Richard Alvarez March 20th, 2003 05:01 PM

Yes,

Fry's carries the labels for videotapes and CDs. Avery has a template for them(#8997). You can download it from the net.
www.avery.com

I just export a frame from the video as a jpg. Pull it into the template, and type up the label.

Easy-peasy

Bill

K. Forman March 20th, 2003 05:27 PM

"Thanks Keith for the quick response."
You're welcome. I spend alot of time here. My wife keeps telling me I need to get a job. Anyways, I'm not familiar with Fry's, but Office Depot, Staples, and places like that should have the blank VHS boxes and software. If not, you can order online.

Or, like Bill said, you can download it direct from avery.com. But then, you will still need the blank boxes.

Clarence Walker March 20th, 2003 05:30 PM

SOUNDS GOOD

Thanks again Keith and Bill, I'll be picking up my materials tonight and giving it a try.

Sounds pretty easy. I'm liking this place more and more.

Clarence

Don Parrish March 21st, 2003 04:11 AM

OK clarence you hooked me, can you tell about the video you shot?

Clarence Walker March 21st, 2003 10:11 AM

SIMPLE BIRTHDAY STORY

"OK clarence you hooked me, can you tell about the video you shot?"

Just a friend's birthday. Like most here, I try to incorporate a cinematic style to my projects. This one runs 35 minutes.

I've done several weddings, a retirement party, and other similar events. Each time I like to add a little bit more to the production.

For example I used Premiere's "motion" function for the first time for PIP, and zooming in on stills.

Now before my big wedding assignment in April, I wanted to create a professional looking package for the video.

If this goes well, there's the strong potential for several more referrals.

I've picked up so many good tips from this site so far, it's been great.

Thanks,

Clarence