Stand up editing station? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Wrangler

Stand up editing station?

Any comments, experiences, or tips for working with a stand up editing station? I have a full month of editing ahead of me, and I'd rather be standing for most of that time.
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It works for Walter Murch who's a big proponent of the standup editing station. While I usually sit, when I do stand I find that a trick from my retail days many years ago still works now: use a foot rest, and change position frequently.
Tom Vandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Wrangler

Well I've been using my DYI stand up editing station since November and I wouldn't go back. Standing up definitely adds a lot of extra energy to any task on the computer. Best way to describe the benefits, I'm more alert and focused for longer periods of time. Even training videos are much easier to watch & absorb.

The setup is pretty basic, 2 LCD monitors & audio monitors at eye/ear level, with another video monitor to the side. The keyboard & mouse rests on a table which is at a height just under my chest, and I have a high stool if I want to sit.
Old January 4th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #4
New Boot

Combination of both works, too...

I have an audio station with ProTools that's at standing height. My FCP station is sitting. I find that the more I change positions during the day, the less tired I get. (But I'm still waiting for the funds for my Aeron chair...)
Loren Roberts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion