vx1000 users at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 22nd, 2003, 03:08 PM   #1
polyamory

vx1000 users

where can i get a cover for the av cables and s cable ports on the side of the camera, it broke off and i lost it. im been searching everywhere for that little piece, and also. since the sony batteries are all info lithium now, can an info lithium still work on the vx or does it need another lithium. are their info lithium np720 batteries? thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2003, 07:37 PM   #2
Warden

I've had cameras without those type of covers for years without any adverse effects. I've never considered those type of covers very essential. If you must have them contact Sony and you may be able to order them as a part.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 07:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Not sure what you are getting at with your question regarding batteries. I use both my lithium and old non-lithium batteries with my VX1000. I just can't use the non-lithium batteries with my PD150.

If you really need to cover the av ports, I agree with Jeff, you can probably order it from Sony. Failing that cut a strip of black gaffers tape - should work.
Rick Spilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 09:05 PM   #4
polyamory

Theres a new brand of sony batteries that new camcorders take. The vx2000 and trv950 take batteries called InfoLithium batteries. Now ive never used other batteries but those for my trv950, but i recently got rid of the trv and got a vx1000. Now the vx1000 takes Lithium batteries. I've read somewhere that thats the only kind they take and are not compatible with the new InfoLithim batteries. I just wanted to know if this is true and if anyone knows first hand if it still works. I know that theirs InfoLithium batteries that are the same size for the vx but i dont want to waste 100 bucks.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 05:17 AM   #5
Major Player

If the battery fits it will work. The Sony NP-F730H InfoLithium will fit the VX1000 and it works. The NPF960 InfoLithium is too large to fit into the VX1000.
Rick Spilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2003, 09:04 AM   #6
polyamory

thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion